- ApexCLE Online CLE - Chicago Daily Bulletin Ad 2013
- 2013 Early Discount Package Now Available
- ApexCLE Online continuing legal education now on YouTube.com
- CLE Presenter Inquiries
- Technical Questions?
- Ethics and Professionalism Resources and Links
- Illinois CLE Professionalism Survey
- ApexCLE online continuing legal education now on Facebook, Google+, Linkedin and YouTube
- ApexCLE Online CLE - now in the Chicago Daily Law Bulleting Spring 2013 CLE Guide
- No Validation Code required
Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
- How do I obtain Illinois CLE credit through ApexCLE?
- How do I generate a Certificate of Attendance?
- I bought a program, now how do I view it?
- What is the Illinois CLE Requirement?
- What can I do in My Account?
- How do I E-mail my Certificate of Attendance?
- How fast does my connection speed need to be?
- How do I view programs on my iPad, iPhone, Android or other PDA device?
- The program stops playing for no apparent reason.
- How do I test my connection speed?
- My computer says "buffering" or the program is jumping
- How long will a Certificate of Attendance remain available in My Account?
- How do I obtain the written material when a DVD is ordered?
- How do I obtain a Certificate of Attendance when a DVD is ordered?
- How do I know if the Flash program has fully loaded?
- The program stops and then starts again in Flash.
- Is there an extra charge for the DVDs?
- Are there extra charges for anything?
- What Fees must I pay if I miss the Compliance Deadline of June 30th?
- Safari does not display the PDF documents, why?
- What are the available file formats?
- I am a AOL, ATT, Comcast user with a page load/loop problem
- The PDF Certificate of Attendance does not open or print
- How Do I verify that courses have been approved for professionalism credit?
- How to Add CLE Programs to Your iTunes
- Don't Need All 30 Hours?
- How Do I Access My Account
- How to Add CLE Programs to Your Kindle
- Does the 30 Hour CLE package satisfy my Basic Skill's Requirements?
- How Do I Report My Illinois CLE to the MCLE Board?
How do I obtain Illinois CLE credit through ApexCLE?
- View an ApexCLE program at a convenient time.
- Login to "My Account" and immediately generate your "Certificate of Attendance".
From "My Account", you can print or email your "Certificate of Attendance" for up to three years. There are no additional charges for viewing the program again or creating and "Printing the Certificate of Attendance".
See also, the Detailed CLE Procedure page for more information.Back to Top
How do I generate a Certificate of Attendance?
Click the "Print" link under the column entitled "Print Certificate of Attendance" in the row of the program you have just watched. The printed date on your certificate is represents the date of purchase. To comply with ARDC, you must sign and date the certificate after completing the CLE seminar. The signed and dated certificate represents the date you completed the seminar.Back to Top
I bought a program, now how do I view it?
After a program is purchased, the link to download or view the program is in "My Account". Login to "My Account" to view or download the program. Make sure you are not trying to view the programs in your shopping cart. See a pictureBack to Top
What is the Illinois CLE Requirement?
Illinois attorneys must complete 20 hours of CLE activity during the initial two-year reporting period ending on June 30 of either 2008 or 2009.
Attorneys whose last names begin with A through M report July 1, 2008 and N through Z on July 1, 2009. The requirement increases to 24 hours in 2010 and 2011 and then 30 hours thereafter.
Six of the hours must be in the area of professionalism.
See also: Summary of the MCLE Rules
What can I do in My Account?
Edit your personal information by clicking "Edit My Profile".
View CLE programs and written material.
Generate your Certificate of Attendance.
Print or email your Certificate of Attendance.
How do I E-mail my Certificate of Attendance?
Click the “Print” link under “Print Certificate of Attendance.” The Certificate of Attendance will open as an Adobe PDF document in a new window.
Within that window, click “File,” “Send,” and then “Page By E-mail” This will open an e-mail message with the Certificate of Attendance attached which you can then send to any e-mail address.
Back to Top
How fast does my connection speed need to be?
Any connection speed will work but, you will find that a cable modem or business connection would be best. A dial up connection will not provide you with acceptable results.
The Tecno Details
Most programs are under 200mb. An accceptable connection speed will be 512kbs or faster. The best speed will be 2mbs or faster download. The upload speed is not important.Back to Top
How do I view programs on my iPad, iPhone, Android or other PDA device?
You can view ApexCLE programs on an iPad, iPhone or Android provided that your device has enough memory and can play the MP4 file format.
Our programs range in size from 150mb to 300mb so you must have enough available memory to transfer the program to your device. Please see our PDA Procedure page for more information and a video file that you can use to test your device.Back to Top
The program stops playing for no apparent reason.
There is no single answer for this issue. Please try the options on the Solutions Page.Back to Top
How do I test my connection speed?
There are several sites to test your connection. We do not endorse any single site but, you may try www.Speedtest.net.
Click the yellow pyramid near your location. The speedometer in the middle of the screen should be over 512 for a download speed in order to have acceptable results with our videos. The upload speed is not usually a factor. An ideal connection will be over 1 to 1.5 mb.Back to Top
My computer says "buffering" or the program is jumping
This issue relates to the connection speed of your computer. The only solution is to improve the connection speed. This usually means that you will need to talk to your internet service provider and request a faster connection.
As an alternative, you may order a DVD of the CLE program and view it on your computer. Contact us regarding available DVD's.Back to Top
How long will a Certificate of Attendance remain available in My Account?
A Certificate of Attendance will remain available in "My Account" for five years.Back to Top
How do I obtain the written material when a DVD is ordered?
The written material is in your account immediately following the purchase. Login and click the link to “My Account.” Click the link to “View” the written material. You can view or print the written material.Back to Top
How do I obtain a Certificate of Attendance when a DVD is ordered?
The process is the same as for the online programs. Please see the FAQ “How do I generate a Certificate of Attendance?.”Back to Top
How do I know if the Flash program has fully loaded?
There is a blue progress bar directly under the image. See picture. This blue bar will move to the right as the program loads. When the bar is black, the program is not loaded. When the bar is all blue, the program is fully loaded.
This is only relevant when there is a problem with the Flash player stopping and then starting again which indicates a slow connection speed.Back to Top
The program stops and then starts again in Flash.
This is caused by a slow connection speed. You can see the progress on the blue progress bar directly under the image. See picture. This blue bar will move to the right as the program loads.
If the location indicator (triangle, See picture) is at the right hand side of the blue progress bar, the player is playing faster than the program can download. The solution is to increase your download speed with your internet service provider. There is a temporary solution that you can try which is to let the program load fully before attempting to view it.
In "My Account," click on the View Flash for the program. A window and player will open. Let the program load so that the blue progress indicator is at least half way across. You should now be able to view the program without difficulty.Back to Top
Is there an extra charge for the DVDs?
There is an additional charge for DVDs, for more information please contact us.Back to Top
Are there extra charges for anything?
There are no hidden fees, no delivery charges, no extra charges for changing the format, no additional charges of any nature.Back to Top
What Fees must I pay if I miss the Compliance Deadline of June 30th?
There are several penalty fees listed in the MCLE Board Fee Schedule including:
- $100 – For timely filing a certification disclosing non-compliance (Rule 796(d)(2))
- $150 – For the failure to file a timely certification during the applicable reporting period (Rule 796(d)(1))
- $250 – For filing an amended certification after audit reveals inaccurate certification (Rule 796(g)(2))
- $250 – For the reinstatement fee following an attorney's removal from the Master Roll of Attorneys for failure to comply with the MCLE requirements.
Safari does not display the PDF documents, why?
There are 4 popular versions of Safari. Our site is accessible using Safari 3.0 & 3.1 for windows/mac.
If you are not able to view documents or programs in Safari, please update the Safari browser at:
Back to Top
What are the available file formats?
There are several formats available.
Flash is the most common format used.
Please see our file format page for more information: http://www.apexcle.com/pages/fileformatsBack to Top
I am a AOL, ATT, Comcast user with a page load/loop problem
AOL, ATT, Comcast and similar users that use the home page of their provider to access the internet may experience various problems including pages not loading, pop-up or refresh windows not opening and similar issues.
The solution is to not use the browser supplied by the user's ISP.
Please use the newer version of Windows Internet Explorer or Firefox.
Please open a new windows Explorer browser window by clicking on the “E” Explorer Icon on the desktop or by going to the Start button, then All Programs and then Windows Internet Explorer.
Then type in the address for the site, www.ApexCLE.com.
Back to Top
The PDF Certificate of Attendance does not open or print
This problem may occur if the Adobe PDF viewer is an older version.
Please update your Adobe Reader here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Please also be aware that Adobe offers free software, scan or toolbars with this download and UNCHECK the Free offer if you do not want the offer.Back to Top
How Do I verify that courses have been approved for professionalism credit?
Professional Responsibility CLE Approval
The MCLE Board handles all aspects of CLE except the approval of the content of courses or activities in the area of professional responsibility. Once the MCLE Board has either accredited a provider or an individual course, any course or course segment offered to fulfill the professional responsibility requirement must receive substantive approval from the Professionalism Commission.
ApexCLE must submit an application for professionalism credit to the Professionalism Commission in order for a program to be approved for professionalism credit.
After review and approval of the content, the Commission will forward its determination to the provider and to the MCLE Board.
The Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism has approved the substance of each of the courses provided in ApexCLE's "Professionalism Series."Back to Top
How to Add CLE Programs to Your iTunes
- Open iTunes.
- Click File.
- Click Import.
- Select the file you have downloaded from our website in the location you have saved it.
- Click Choose.
- Itunes will then copy it; once iTunes has finished copying the program it will be in the Movies Folder on iTunes.
For more information please review this informational video: CLICK HERE
Back to Top
Don't Need All 30 Hours?
If you are over in your CLE hours, you can carry over a maximum of 10 hours of CLE to the next reporting period per Rule 794(c)(1)(ii).Back to Top
How Do I Access My Account
To access your programs go to www.apexcle.com and click login located in the top right corner. Then enter your email address and password you created when you first signed up and click submit. The very first page you come to will say purchase history. Scroll down and you will see your programs listed. Simply click view flash to watch the programs. To print your certificates, click print, located under the column entitled "print certificate of attendance" located on the same page you clicked the view flash link.Back to Top
How to Add CLE Programs to Your Kindle
- Get a Micro USB Cable.
- Download the CLE program to your computer.
- Connect the USB cable to the Kindle and the computer.
- A window should pop up when the kindle is connected.
- Drag the CLE program you have downloaded into the movie folder located on the kindle.
- Disconnect and begin watching your CLE programs.
To watch a video on this process please CLICK HERE.Back to Top
Does the 30 Hour CLE package satisfy my Basic Skill's Requirements?
No, the 30 hour CLE package does not satisfy the 15 hour Basic Skills requirement.Back to Top
How Do I Report My Illinois CLE to the MCLE Board?
For information on reporting your Illinois CLE compliance, go to www.mcleboard.org. Next click on the tab "Attorneys", located in the top left hand corner and click on "Reporting Compliance." Here you will find all the necessary information associated with reporting your Illinois CLE compliance.
To report your Illinois CLE compliance go to https://www.mcleboard.org/atty_reporting/login.aspx
Complete the certification form mailed to you by the MCLE Board and mail back to them.Back to Top